Throughout her professional career, Ruth has always been the ‘go-to’ person due largely in part to her keen attention to detail and organizational skills plus her way of being able to grasp a situation quickly, assess it, and formulate results driven action plans. Her administrative, business management, and retail-influenced sales and marketing backgrounds of 25+ years experience have given her the ability to lead, view projects in the long-range, and stay focused. When it came time to make the move to being an entrepreneur and work-at-home mom, Ruth had a vision to build a home business that satisfied her craving for results, was grounded in exceptional customer service, and provided meaningful, impactful outcomes to those she interacted with. She knew working with other like-minded entrepreneurs as their online business manager and ‘go-to’ person would free them to pursue their business goals and put her into a position of working in her strengths. It’s proven to be a winning combination for all.
Ruth Martin is the owner of Maplewood Virtual Assistance, LLC (MaplewoodVA), an online business support services firm as well as owner and official Santa helper at U Write Santa and head writer at her blog, The Naked VA. Her virtual services began in August 2000 operating as an independent contractor locally. She grew to formalize her business to a Limited Liability Corporation in 2007 when she went global with her services.
Her awards include:
- 2012 – Awarded the CWAHM (Christian Work-at-Home Moms) Blogger of the Week Award
- 2010 – Awarded VAnetworking’s VAccolade Business Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2007 – Awarded VAnetworking’s VAccolade Business Entrepreneurial Award
- 2007 – Awarded VAnetworking’s Blog of the Week Award.
Ruth has been a regular feature blogger writing the Life as a Virtual Assistant segment at Christian Work-at-Home Moms Network (CWAHM) since summer of 2011. She was a feature writer on the VAnetworking Partnering with a Virtual Assistant blog for 2 years and served 4 years as a forum moderator. Her own blog, The Naked VA, discusses what it’s like to be a virtual assistant and work with one as well as is a hub to meet VA colleagues across many specialty niches and service areas.
She has served as an IVAA (International Virtual Assistant Association) Mentor in the Mentorship Program since 2012. A listing of her mentor packages can be found here.
She is an acknowledged contributor to the following books:
- The Virtual Business Startup System (VBSS) – an informative business resource and procedural manual for virtual assistants by Tawnya Sutherland, founder of VAnetworking
- Virtual Assistant: The Series – Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA – 4th Edition, written by Diana Ennen and Kelly Poelker
- An American Virtual Assistant, written by Cindy Freland
She has authored the following Kindle ebooks:
- Sweet Bites to Satisfy Your Marketing Cravings: Marketing Do’s Not To Be Ignored
- From Start Up to Living It: Busting 17 Myths About Becoming a Virtual Professional
She makes her home in western Maryland with her husband, son, and two feline office companions. When she’s not in the office you’ll find her behind a camera enjoying her photography hobby or sitting in front of a sewing machine or quilt frame stitching a quilt or another gorgeous fabric creation.