Throughout her professional career, Ruth has always been the ‘go-to’ person due largely in part to her keen attention to detail and organizational skills plus her way of being able to grasp a situation quickly, assess it, and formulate results driven action plans. Her administrative, business management, and retail-influenced sales and marketing backgrounds of 25+ years experience have given her the ability to lead, view projects in the long-range, and stay focused. When it came time to make the move to being an entrepreneur and work-at-home mom, Ruth had a vision to build a home business that satisfied her craving for results, was grounded in exceptional customer service, and provided meaningful, impactful outcomes to those she interacted with. She knew working with other like-minded entrepreneurs as their online business manager and ‘go-to’ person would free them to pursue their business goals and put her into a position of working in her strengths. It’s proven to be a winning combination for all.
Ruth Martin is the owner of Maplewood Virtual Assistance, LLC (MaplewoodVA), an online business support services firm as well as owner and official Santa helper at U Write Santa and head writer at her blog, The Naked VA. Her virtual services began in August 2000 operating as an independent contractor locally.
Her awards include:
- 2012 – Awarded the CWAHM (Christian Work-at-Home Moms) Blogger of the Week Award
- 2010 – Awarded VAnetworking’s VAccolade Business Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2007 – Awarded VAnetworking’s VAccolade Business Entrepreneurial Award
- 2007 – Awarded VAnetworking’s Blog of the Week Award.
Ruth has been a regular feature blogger writing the Life as a Virtual Assistant segment at Christian Work-at-Home Moms Network (CWAHM) since summer of 2011. She was a feature writer on the VAnetworking Partnering with a Virtual Assistant blog for 2 years and served 4 years as a forum moderator. Her own blog, The Naked VA, discusses what it’s like to be a virtual assistant and work with one as well as is a hub to meet VA colleagues across many specialty niches and service areas.
She has served as an IVAA (International Virtual Assistant Association) Mentor in the Mentorship Program (2012-2017). A listing of Ruth’s mentor packages can be found here.
She is an acknowledged contributor to the following books:
- The Virtual Business Startup System (VBSS) – an informative business resource and procedural manual for virtual assistants by Tawnya Sutherland, founder of VAnetworking
- Virtual Assistant: The Series – Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA – 4th Edition, written by Diana Ennen and Kelly Poelker
- An American Virtual Assistant, written by Cindy Freland
She has authored the following Kindle ebooks:
- Sweet Bites to Satisfy Your Marketing Cravings: Marketing Do’s Not To Be Ignored
- From Start Up to Living It: Busting 17 Myths About Becoming a Virtual Professional
She makes her home in western Maryland with her husband, son, and two feline office companions. When she’s not in the office you’ll find her behind a camera enjoying her photography hobby or sitting in front of a sewing machine or quilt frame stitching a quilt or another gorgeous fabric creation.